An active home means an active everyday cleaning and disinfecting routine, especially since most of us are trapped within our homes. As you clean your living spaces, you must remember the recommended cleaning steps to avoid damaging your flooring.
Present-day, most homes boast vinyl flooring in their kitchens and bathrooms. It is mainly because vinyl flooring is durable, aesthetic, as well as easy to clean. The last two factors are crucial in these two rooms. It is because fungus, mold, and bacteria often grow in these areas.
While it’s not difficult to clean your vinyl flooring, it is easy to damage them if you don’t care for them. Here we discuss in details how you should clean and disinfect vinyl flooring:
Remember these few tips when cleaning an extremely dirty vinyl floor:
· Remove acidic stains, including fruit juice, tomato sauce, ketchup, and wine, using a concoction of water and baking soda.Rub this paste with the use of a soft towel. Next, clean the baking soda off your floor with the help of a water and vinegar solution
· For tough stains like ink, crayons, lipstick, and crayons, use alcohol. Rub alcohol on the affected area and scrub it with the help of a soft-bristle brush. Avoid using abrasive brushes like steel wool since they may scratch the floor.
· If there are nail polish stains, simply apply a nail polish remover
· Remove scuffs by spraying WD-40 on a towel and rubbing the affected area until the marks disappear. Clean the WD-40 off your flooring with the help of vinegar and water.
A luxury vinyl flooring or sheet vinyl flooring is highly durable, waterproof, and appealing. The best part? You wouldn’t need to divulge long, complicated processes to clean and maintain your vinyl flooring. Here’s what you need to do:
· Clean spills on your floor immediately
· Make sure you always use a soft-bristle broom to dust off loose dirt
· Use a damp mop with clean water and anon-abrasive/soft floor cleaner. Avoid harsh chemicals as these can harm your luxury vinyl flooring
· Avoid pulling, pushing, or dragging furniture across the floor. Instead, lift and carry them
· Heavy furniture, as well as appliances that you do not move often, should boast flat, non-staining floor protectors
· Don’t use a vacuum comprising a beater bar
· If you’re considering spot stain treatment, use a diluted bleach solution. The solution should be 1 part bleach and ten parts water
It’s always a good idea to mop your floors with a mixture of cider vinegar and a gallon of water. It is because harsh chemicals can destroy your vinyl flooring.
At the same time, if you’re planning to disinfect your vinyl flooring, swap cider vinegar with white vinegar. Lastly, if your floors are filthy, you may add few drops of dishwashing soap.
Make sure you never use ammonia-based cleaning solutions since these can crack and break down your vinyl flooring. Keep your vinyl flooring shiny and beautiful by following the steps mentioned above. Venture onto PT Floor Coverings to find flooring solutions that best meet your housing needs!